Discussion - ways of working
Teaching techniques to focus feedback on
As this is the first mentor interaction, this is a time to:
- establish ways of working for the subsequent mentor interactions.
- ensure that the teacher has access to all the necessary school policies and procedures.
- ensure that the teacher has identified when they will access the online self-directed study materials for module one.
Key questions and talking points
- Recap safeguarding process at the school
- Discuss norms and ways of working and arrange sequence of meetings/drop-ins.
- Discuss the use of video observations (if applicable/available)
- Discuss the teachers previous experience and priorities for development in conjunction with module one
- Review the sequence for year one and discuss how this can fit into your timetables